Thanks to some fantastic fundraising and kind donations, Bradford Hospitals’ Charity has been able to spend more than £320,000 during the past year on enhancing hospital services and patient care.
Bradford Hospitals’ Charity – the official NHS charity of Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust – has invested its funds as follows:
- £150,000 on patient welfare
- £144,000 on staff welfare
- £13,000 on medical equipment
- £16,000 on gifts to support various teams
Some of the projects proudly funded by Bradford Hospitals’ Charity include:
- The Airglove warming system purchased for The Meadows cancer unit in Eccleshill. It heats the patient’s arm and improves access to veins for the delivery of chemotherapy.
- Gel pillows for premature babies in Bradford’s Neonatal Unit. The pillows make neonatal babies more comfortable, prevent flattening of the head, and aid their physical development.
- Health and Wellbeing. The charity has funded a number of ‘Thrive’ projects which support the health and wellbeing of our hard-working NHS staff across Bradford Teaching Hospitals.
- Refurbishment. Thanks to the incredible fundraising efforts of staff across Radiology, the charity funded a full-scale refurbishment of adult waiting areas to complement our revamp of children’s spaces. The vinyls used to brighten up the walls across all the waiting areas feature beautiful Yorkshire Dales scenery to help relax patients before scans.
- Toys. More than £24,000 has been spent on toys, books and specialist play and distraction equipment for young patients across the Trust. The toys are used by patients in hospital, as well as those receiving therapy in the community. The charity also funded memory making materials for children with life-limiting illnesses.
- Digital support. The charity funds WiFi and the annual music licence, which allows Bradford Teaching Hospitals to play radio and music on wards and in waiting rooms.
Sharon Milner, the newly appointed director of Bradford Hospitals’ Charity, said: “We can’t thank you enough for your generous support during 2022. Without the help of the public and support of our NHS staff, we would not be able to bring these brilliant projects to life.
“Our charity is incredibly important to Bradford Teaching Hospitals and we’re proud to see the difference our funds make to patients, their families and our staff every single day.
“We believe Bradford deserves the very best, so watch out for our big plans in 2023!”
For more information about Bradford Hospitals’ Charity and to make a donation, please visit https://bradfordhospitalscharity.org/
The post Bradford Hospitals’ Charity celebrates a successful 2022! appeared first on Bradford Hospitals Charity.