It is an exciting time for Kala Sangam, as we approach our 30th anniversary with ambitious plans to redevelop our building. As we look to this exciting future, we are seeking a creative agency or freelance consultant to work with us to find a new name and brand identity – one that represents the modern, accessible and welcoming arts centre we are today.
We are an intercultural arts hub which reflects the diversity of contemporary Britain through the work we present, the artists we support and the communities we engage.
Specialising in South Asian arts and culture, most of our work takes place in our arts centre in the heart of Bradford (in between Bradford Cathedral and The Broadway shopping centre) with our outreach activities extending regionally and nationally.
Our current name, Kala Sangam, comes from Sanskrit and meets ‘arts meeting point’. We aim to bring people and communities together to create and experience high-quality diverse art, to increase understanding and awareness of different cultures, and to provide talent development pathways for young people and emerging artists into a career in the arts.
Our new name and brand needs to reflect both our commitment to supporting, sharing and celebrating diverse artists and our position in the heart of Bradford. It must be clearly understandable (including to audiences for whom English is not their first language) and instantly recognisable. It will be a clear signpost to the organisation we continue to evolve into.
Before applying for this role, please make sure you have read ‘Our next step – developing a brand for the future’ which outlines our ambitions and explains why we have decided to make this change.
What We Are Looking For:
A Creative Agency (or Freelance Consultant with the ability to bring in others with the relevant skills) to work with the Kala Sangam staff and board of trustees to:
- Identify a new name for the organisation
- Create a complete brand identity to work alongside that name, including:
- Logo (that can be used across all digital and physical platforms)
- Brand guidelines
- Templates for marketing materials including digital and print
- Production of physical brand resources including signage, clothing and merchandise stationery etc
- Build a new website using the new brand identity
- Work with us to plan the launch of the new brand and name
This work will take place over a number of stages, tied to the expected timeline for our capital redevelopment. We anticipate work with staff and trustees will take place throughout 2022 and 2023 . The brand identity (along with the website etc) will be developed during 2023-24. The full brand will be revealed when the building reopens to the public in 2024.
We are particularly keen to hear from:
- Bradford or West Yorkshire based agencies, who have a good understanding of the city’s cultural ecology
- those with diverse staff teams
- those experience working on major rebranding exercises.
If you would like to work with us to find our new identity, please send the following to Kala Sangam’s Marketing and Programme Manager, Alex Corwin by Friday 20 May 2022.
- Expression of Interest letter or video which includes of an outline of how you will work with us to find our new name and identity
- A portfolio of relevant work
- Outline budget
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to pitch to the Kala Sangam staff and trustees by Friday 3 June. We will provide further details on what this will involve directly to the shortlisted candidates. Pitches will take place w/c 4 July.
If you have any questions please contact Alex Corwin or call 01274 303340
The post Call for Expressions of Interest – Creative Agency appeared first on Kala Sangam.