Following a procurement process in late 2021, Bradford Council and Bradford District and Craven Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) have appointed two local consortiums to support their vital Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise support programme.
The successful providers are Here 4 Bradford District and Craven Communities (BDCC) and Network Central. Community Action Bradford & District are proud to lead the Here 4 BDCC consortium in partnership with Participate, HALE and the VCS Alliance.
The contract has a value of £767,000 per year and brings together a number of different support grants being delivered previously. It will be delivered from April 2022 for 3 years, with an option to extend for a further 2 years subject to performance.
Following extensive consultation with the voluntary sector since 2019, there are 6 strands of infrastructure support being delivered with Here 4 BDCC delivering 5:
- Capacity Building – developing people and organisational capacity and skills
- Insight and Information – delivering a database of VCSE organisations and a one-stop shop for resources and information online
- Citizen Engagement – building on engagement and coproduction in the sector to involve people in their communities
- Voice and Influence – gathering and promoting the collective community voice to enact change in public sector services
- Volunteering – promoting and enabling volunteering across the public, voluntary and business sectors
Network Central are delivering the final strand:
- Business sustainability – building upon VCSE organisations’ fundraising capabilities
Dr Soo Nevison, Chief Executive Officer of Community Action had this to say:
We are honoured to have been selected to deliver upon such a big contract for the sector and we’re excited to get started. This contract allows our consortium to continue to deliver much needed services to the groups helping communities to thrive. We have big plans for how this support will be delivered over the next 3 years so watch this space!
We’d like to say thank you to the commissioners at Bradford Council and Bradford District and Craven CCG for their hard work behind the scenes and for believing in our vision for a brighter Bradford District.
Voluntary, community and social enterprise sector organisations make a significant contribution to the district and the economy every year. The contract aims to maximise this impact, improving collaboration between organisations, helping them to become more sustainable and resilient, and diversifying the landscape of the sector.