Bradford Culture Company, the organisation responsible for delivering the UK City of Culture 2025 are looking for Trustees, to determine the strategic direction, policies and planning of the game-changing Bradford 2025.
Bradford Culture Company is a registered charity and the Board is supported by advisory groups including a Cultural Steering Group and an Engagement & Inclusion Group. We are committed to growing the diversity of our organisation, including at Board level, and we particularly welcome applications from candidates who are disabled, Black, Asian or from ethnic minorities.
Our current Trustees are:
- Mary Dowson, BCB Radio (Interim Chair)
- Adeeba Malik, QED Foundation
- Kamran Rashid, Impact Hub Bradford
- Kersten England, City of Bradford District Council
- Mel Pickup, Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Sabbiyah Pervez, BBC Look North
- Stuart McKinnon-Evans, University of Bradford
Trustees of the Board are charged with ensuring Bradford Culture Company operates in accordance with company and charity law and is prudently financially managed. Trustees contribute their experience and area of expertise to the Board’s role of determining the strategic direction, policies and planning of the organisation.
- The Board shall provide clear strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets, and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- Trustees shall use their skills, knowledge and experience to help the Board reach sound decisions.
- Trustees are to act as advocates/champions for the organisation promoting its activities and profile and assisting with fundraising.
- Certain key functions such as Finance and Human Resources may be delegated to sub-committees of the Board. Membership will be from Trustees with relevant skills and experience.
Our current priorities for the Board are listed below, however we would welcome applications from a wide range of people who may or may not fit one of the profiles listed below.
- Chair – You will have leadership experience in a professional organisation and a demonstrable understanding of the key role of good governance in a successful organisation. You will support the Executive and Creative Directors, ensuring their wellbeing, and nurturing an organisational culture of mutual respect and wellbeing.
- Business and fundraising – You will have a sound understanding and experience of business and/or charity fundraising at strategic and operational levels.
- Digital – You will understand the creative opportunities that tech and digital can offer the arts.
- Education – You will be passionate about the benefits that arts and culture bring to children and young people’s learning.
- Legal – You will support the Board with its legal responsibilities and the complex agreements that will have to be put in place to deliver a fantastic year of culture and the legacy beyond.
How to apply
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and/or a 2 minute video explaining why you wish to be a Trustee and the qualities and skills you feel you can bring to Bradford 2025.
Please tell us:
- Why you would like to join the Board
- What you think you would bring to the organisation and how your skills could support the Board and team in achieving its vision
- A bit about yourself; the work you do and your previous experience.
Please email your cover letter and/or video to email@example.com
Closing date: Tuesday 3rd January, 5pm.