The Millside Centre are looking to appoint a Host who will welcome partners and service users during evenings and weekends at the centre.
Millside Centre Host
We are looking for someone to take on the role of Millside Centre Host, welcoming our partners and service users during evenings and at weekends.
There are a number of groups interested in hiring our rooms for training, workshops and meetings outside normal working hours, so we are seeking a self-motivated person who is friendly, enthusiastic and dependable, and who would be willing to be trained to use our facilities and assist clients.
Initially, we will need the Host to be available for one weekly evening session every Monday from 18:00 till 21:00. This may grow into two or three evenings per week at the same time.
The rate of pay will be £10 per hour on a zero hours basis.
The role will include:
- Opening and locking up the building
- Making sure the building is secure at all times
- Monitoring the door and checking who comes in and out
- Making sure visitors sign-in
- Being available to answer questions during a room hire period
- Helping with room set-up and set down if required
- Helping with PA set-up if required
- Assistance with refreshments if applicable
- Assisting groups with any other needs they may have
- Advising on health and safety for groups
- Acting as a Fire Marshall for the period of the room hire (training will be provided)
- Ensuring all rubbish is removed from the building after room hire periods
- Reporting of any defects in the furniture, building or equipment noticed during the room hire period to the Centre Manager
The Millside Centre is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of its service users and expects all staff to share this commitment. A DBS check and safeguarding training will be needed before starting in this role.
1. Good interpersonal skills
2. Being observant, efficient and flexible
3. Good level of communication
4. Honesty and integrity
5. Ability to work on own initiative
6. Some understanding of health and safety/fire safety
7. Physically capable of lifting and moving furniture, for example
8. Experience of hosting/caretaking is desirable but not essential
9. Experience of working in a public building is desirable but not essential
10. A basic understanding of First Aid would be useful
The deadline for applications is 21st January 2022 at 5pm. Interviews will take place on 28th January.
For more information, or to apply for this role, contact Furaha Mussanzi on 01274 409661, or email email@example.com