20 Ideas for 20 Minutes Movement
Have you joined the 20 Minute Movement yet? In case you don’t know, it’s simply about getting us moving for 20 minutes or more each day.
No fancy gyms. No fancy trainers. No expensive equipment.
Check out www.mylivingwell.co.uk where you’ll find loads of information, ideas, tips and more.
As we all have to spend more time in our homes, it’s really easy to be sedentary. Not any more…
Here’s a Top 20 List of ideas for things you can do to get moving a bit more.
- Dance while you dust
- Turn up the music while you tidy up
- Walk around the block – find a street you haven’t walked down before
- Play in the park
- Walk the long way to the shop (look for five things beginning with the letter A and so on each time)
- 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes in the evening
- Park further away from the school gates (when we’re allowed)
- Exercise in the advert breaks
- Run upstairs each time you use them
- Complete 5 squats each time you have to bend down
- Skipping competitions with the kids
- Go for a bike ride
- Do an online workout
- Play indoor football with a balloon
- Play musical statues/bumps with the kids
- Have a jar full of indoor games to play - lucky dip during break time and lunch
- Trampolining is not just for kids
- Play a game of non-stop cricket in the garden
- Search ‘Exercise Video’ on YouTube
- Try a beginners Yoga session